Saturday, March 5, 2011

A big congratulations!

Hello everyone!  

Just wanted to hop on here real quick and say CONGRATULATIONS to Mom & David.  Today is their wedding day!  I know many of you probably won't read this until tomorrow because you'll be enjoying the day planned for everyone.  Mom and David, Mike and I wish you both the absolute best and happiest life possible and also fresh new start in Colorado.  We love you!  Sorry we couldn't be there for your special day.  Promise we will make it up to you!

This week has been good, kind of tiring.  Mike went to the promotion board (got in his fancy uniform and all) and had to answer tons of random questions prepared by the board of all the guys in charge at the base. Anyways..he PASSED!  So now, he is up for his E-5 or Sargent.  It was really excited.  I've gotten a lot more information on Japan and I am preparing for that too!  I think I am more excited about seeing a beach and feeling warm weather more so than the actual Japan part.  Ha ha.  

Today, I tutored the brother and sister I started tutoring English 2 weeks ago.  Not sure if I've already mentioned this but the boy is in 7th grade and wants to be called Aiden.  His sister, Rachel, is in 3rd grade.  They are so cute and it has been a really interesting..yet challenging..experience so far.  I tutor for 2 hours every Saturday.  There are a couple more kids that want tutoring but I think 2 is plenty :)  Here is a picture of our tutoring time today.  I taught them to play tic-tac-to followed by letters & animals "Go Fish".  We play these after they do their workbooks and the audio portion of the tutoring.  I try to make it as fun as possible because Koreans go to school 6 days a week (on Saturdays) and ALSO have to go to extra academies for English, Math or any other subject their parents want them to focus more on.  They come straight from school to me so I feel there has to be a way to make this fun for them.






Hope you all have an awesome rest of your weekend & week.  If some of you didn't get the email (I apologize..sometimes it's hard to remember everyone to attach in the emails), Mike and I got news we are staying till October of 2012.  It will be hard not seeing family for 2 years but I think it will pay off in the end to be together, save money, and hopefully get a nice duty station when it is our time to leave.  In the mean time, Skype is a good communication tool that is FREE and face-to-face talking!

Talk to you soon!
Congrats again Mom & David!

1 comment: