Friday, August 12, 2011

Another day in...paradise :)


HELLOOO everyone!  I stumbled across this on my way to work today & thought I'd share.  Such an amazing flower :)



Things have been good & quiet around here lately.  The rain has FINALLY stopped, or at least decreased a lot.  It is about time, about 2 and a half months of straight rain was getting a tad old.  We actually had a typhoon (Pacific name for hurricane) hit last week.  It ended up turning at the last second and making landfall in North Korea.  We didn't get a whole lot from it, mainly just an awesome breeze!


Mike & I, along with his company finally went to a Korean baseball game.  Yes, yes, I know what you are thinking "they place baseball in Korea?".  And actually it is HUGE here, way more exciting than the states.  We saw the LG Twins play some team, which I forgot their name, but it was a lot of fun.  The stadium is located in downtown Seoul, called "Jamsil".  It is actually the Olympic Stadium.  




I think my favorite thing about the game was not the game but what food they SOLD at the game.  As 'Americans' we are used to nachos, hamburgers, beer (which they had plenty of that).  At a Korean baseball game...this is what you get.........



YEP, that is exactly what you're thinking it is.  Dried whole squids, dried squid tentacles, and pretty much...some more dried disgusting stuff.  And let me tell you, Koreans were picking this stuff up like crazy.   I am still amazed at the TOTAL differences in customs, food, clothing...everything.  Kids receive these as "treats" in their everyday lunch boxes when we are eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  SOOO strange.


Michael & I went out to dinner again with my coworkers at the bank.  We actually just were audited today & yesterday and I am SO relieved for it to be over.  They pick apart every single thing and try to find your mistakes.  Koreans have an extremely "anal" work ethic, which is great, but can be a bit much at times.  We received a 9 out of 10 so we won't be audited again till next year thankfully!  Oh yeah, and I am officially the ONLY American that works for the bank in the country of Korea (besides the woman in charge of all the branches).  So basically I'm like the superstar.  I think I deserve a raise or something...LOL





The man on the far left is out new associate (a transfer from a different bank), Mr. Park.  I looove him.   He is so funny & a great person to work next to.  He has been to more places in the states than I have.  Ha!  If you are wondering what we ate it was Samgipsal (Pork) with Dwenjang (Red bean paste/pepper paste), Bop (rice), that kind of thing.


Hope you all have a great weekend!!!  Love & miss you all!






No comments:

Post a Comment